Wednesday, September 21, 2011

On Being a Good Girl

On Being a Good Girl

I am great at stop sign courtesy
I can brake dance at red lights
Im getting better at backing up,
I can keep a good eye on my rearview.
And I’m pretty good at falling for you.

I do pretty well with poetry.
I am great with extended metaphor.
I am sufficient when it comes to grammar
I may be the only girl you know who can pull off the Dickinson dash
And I’m great at loving the way it feels  when your hand’s on my ass.

I am super at hugs
I am great with introductions
I am professional at making friends
I am stellar at hello
When it comes to you,
I’m great at letting everything go.

I am great at picking mascara
I can pluck my eyebrows in the car
I’m getting better at eyeliner on the top lid,
I can keep it all together with some nice shadow
And I can look real pretty when youre feeling shallow.

I do pretty well with animals.
I am great with kittens and cats
Im sufficient when it comes to dog walking
I may be the only girl you know who’d be happy being a cat lady
And I’d be happier being the lady you made me.

I am super at saying yes
I am great at giving in
I am professional at apologies
And I am stellar at regret.
When it comes to you,
I’m great at being a secret.

I am great at telling lies
I can get out of anything
Im getting better at crying on command
I can keep a good game going
And im great at accepting how good you are at knowing.
I do pretty well with consistency
I’m great with daily sentiment,
Im sufficient when it comes to routine
I may be the only girl you know who cant sleep without “goodnight”
And if you fell asleep before we got there, that’d be okay.

I am super at being your part-time lover.
I am great at giving it all to you.
Im professional at going down to where you want me
Im stellar when I know what you want me to do,
And when ive had so much,
Why the hell do I want more of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment